Still Curious?

My European Excursions may be over for now, but the adventure is far from over! if you're still wanting to keep up you can check out my new blog. simplyshaela.blogspot.com

Saturday, September 19, 2009

The City of Lights

Oh what to say about Paris! Dad and I arrived there the evening of the 5th of September and were promptly picked up by a staff member of Word of Life France. I can easily say that we had our best accommodations in Paris, a whole three bedroom apartment all to our selves! It was nice to relax and get some much needed laundry done. The next morning we made our way into the actually city by way of train, some how managing to get to the right places and the right times despite all our failed attempts to understand french. We only had one day touring around Paris, and surprisingly this was all we needed considering we were so tired. I will say it was a day very well spent and it was worth every moment! The Arch of triumph! this was interesting, this arch lines up exactly with the Great Arch and a smaller arch in front of the Louvre, and all the main streets at some point lead to here.

The architecture is amazing!

There were so many pretty street, right around here is where we spoted the eiffel tower!

Look what we found! =) not to in any way reduce how awesome this tower is, but i did wonder why exactly it was there...it doesn't really serve any apparent purpose other than a hot tourist spot...

Can't believe thats me and my daddy in Paris! The Eiffel Tower is great because it's surrounded by parks and these massive green lawns, just a perfect place to sit around, relax, and enjoys the scenery.

Louvre!! once again incredible architecture!

The cieling of one of the rooms in Louvre, at some point on this trip I decided that in most old buildings that are worth visiting the cieling is almost always the most impressive aspect of it...in a church it's usually the windows.

There she is folks...The Mona Lisa...preatty much the only reason Dad and i even visited Louvre..well that and just to say we'd been there. =)
And this is why we decided not to stay for longer...incase you can't tell by this crowd all looking at the Mona Lisa it was really crowded there...free on the first sunday of the month...it was craziness!!!!
Notre Dame!!! almost the whole time we were standing outside the bells were ringing and I kept thinking of the Hunchback of Notre Dame movie...imagining him up there hard at work. yes I know I'm a little strange =)
while we were waitng around outside for our turn to go into Notre Dame this lady gave me some rice in my hand and on my head! I think the pidgeons like it...hehe.
Like i said in churches it's the windows that are impressive =)
While we were there there was actually a service going on...see the priests??



Did I mention that this church is AMAZING!

Guess what, I bought a red bare, guess what else, I wore it to a very picturesque sidewalk cafe
The tower when I first started lighting up, and the last picture i could take before my camera died, but all in all Paris was amazing...we did have an extra half day in Paris but we chose to stay in the apartment and catch up on some sleep before we headed of to my new home sweet home in Hungary!!

No comments:

Post a Comment